Monday, September 10, 2007

keeping it together

Some weeks it seems that I just can't keep up with my split ends. Millions of strands of curly, kinky, and often-as-not frizzy hair isn't always easy to manage. And when certain individuals are not in close enough proximity to ensure that the hair is sufficiently tidy before I leave my flat... well, you can imagine!!! Still, when all hair issues have been overcome, a good hair day can pay for itself, regardless if the cost is measured in time, money, or homework-not-completed.

It is surprising how much split ends and split infinitives have in common. Its particularly easy to convince oneself that the split sounds "better" or less "arrogant," just like it can be relatively simple to self-soothe with false assurances that messy, frizzy, unbrushed hair is nearly the new "it" look.

Condition, keep the infinitive together, condition... repeat... Voila! Amazing hair and strong sentences. Its enough to make a girl grrrrr like a raptor!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Didn't you mean, the new "IN" look? I'm not sure what an "it" look is.

    But, then, again.....I'm not an embryonic lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:52 AM

    Raptors have plenty of sex appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that was implied! :)

    ReplyDelete