Saturday, November 18, 2006

Would you say I'm cold?

As I bounced out of bed early this morning... Oh, wait... my nose just got longer. Hmmm, wonder why? But, as I was saying, early this morning as I awoke from my peaceful slumbers I energetically began my... Oh dear, my nose is looking abnormally long. :-(

Fine, Jimmy Cricket, I'll try to keep this slightly more factual.

I rolled out of bed this morning (late morning) doing my utmost to not fall on my laptop. I think I was successful. After stumbling into the kitchen for some porridge (with lots of added brown sugar and milk) I managed to open my eyes enough to take in the brilliant blue skies and occasional lazy cloud that awaited me in the great outside. I wasn't fooled. Sure it looks lovely and all, but its ffrr-ffrrigid.

A few weeks back I made the mistake of wearing only a t-shirt on a day like today and was outside only a nanosecond or so before I darted back inside to begin the normal layering process. The point is, here in Scotland, the sun won't actually generate heat during the fall, despite what the bright blue skies would indicate.

Compared to the past few days, I ought not to complain about 6degrees. That is until I look up the high temperatures in New York (11) or in San Jose (21). In fact, the projected low in SJ is 10. Yes, that's 4 degrees warmer than our high.

Now I recognize that ya'll warned me that Glasgow was a bit cooler than even Salinas. In fact, my Dad was very helpful before I moved here and showed me on a globe just exactly how close Scotland is to the Arctic Circle. (For the record, I thought the globe was exaggerating... its not!)

Maybe its time to stop wearing shorts...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:57 PM

    Me thinks you need to let your fan base know whether or not you wish them to post. I keep getting queries to this effect.

    I says, "Maybe the lass doesn't want to share the spotlight." But then methinks, Nah, she'd figure her light to be the brightest anyhow, so she'd figure she'd not be sharing with the likes of anyone anyhow.

    I conclude, I know not why she doesn't allow the postings of her fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me clarify my stance on comments. I LOVE them...and want LOTS.

    I approve the comments before they post on the site, but this is strictly to side-step spamming.Technically, this shouldn't be causing difficulties... but apparently something is. :( Quite sorry bout that. I'll try to figure out whats not taking place!

    In the meantime, if you wish to make a public comment, do make sure that you choose an identity. Otherwise, I don't think blogger will bring the comment to my notice for my approval.

    Sorry again... and thanks for all the feedback!

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, she'd figure her light to be the brightest anyhow

    LOL! That was my thought. :)

    Plus, as someone who used to blog more regularly and knows quite a few bloggers, I know most bloggers absolutely love comments. Makes it feel more like people are actually reading.

    Anyway, I'm soooo glad I'm here in the warm and toasty Bay Area. Nyaaah!

    ReplyDelete