Monday, May 28, 2007

Heal Over

They tell me that my memories will travel everywhere with me. They tell me that you can have many homes. They tell me that pain and joy are constant companions of the other.

Drifting in on the breeze is a whisper to "don't hold on but don't let go."

How? I somberly ask. For the fifth time in two years I've packed myself into suitcases and boxes. And I want to know when it'll end...but that knowledge is the forbidden fruit and I'm reluctant to imbibe.

But the breeze carelessly pretends to not hear and lazily plays in the leaves.

Frustrated I turn back when a friend quietly holds my shoulder and stays my step. "Listen!" I grasp the second chance and the soft wynd smiles.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:05 AM

    There are places, -I'll remember
    All my life, though some have changed,
    Some forever, -not for better
    Some have gone,
    And some remain
    All these places have their moments
    With lovers and friends I still can recall,
    Some are dead and some are living,
    But in my life, I've loved them all...

    JWL 1966 :)

    ReplyDelete