Wednesday, May 09, 2007

dinner for lunch

Why is that we say it's all in your head when what we really mean is that your stomach is fast approaching your throat? Perhaps by focusing on psychological phobias one hopes vainly to be distracted from the resulting physical phenomena. Or maybe it is because from childhood we have been raised to distrust our gooey grey matter.

Whatever the reason, I'm thinking its high time to prettily curtsy and concede to my fear of heights, or more specifically, my fear of falling from heights. Which is to say, I'm hoping that sometime really soon I will no longer feel the need to "challenge my phobias" and instead, contentedly keep my feet firmly planted on the ground (or wheresoever they be planted).

What good will "running from the fight" accomplish? Not much! But, perhaps in time, I'll be able to close my eyes without visualizing the terrifying image of scooting down the steep slopes of Scotland's wee hills. Until then, I'll spend a fortune calling my tribe. (Reason no 342. why I need a lawyer's salary.)

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of phobias, I've been wondering- does Melvin's merengue lesson signify that your fear of shaking your hips in public (Shakira style no less) has been cured? Or are you maintaining that it was simply filling out the DR landing card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:58 PM

    when you figure out how to keep your feet grounded, please do share your wisdom!!

    ReplyDelete