Monday, April 09, 2007

Dear Diary Cont.

Sequel to "Since You've Been Gone"

March 14. OMG. I am officially the rider of the squeaky bike. Every single pedal push is a squeakier squeak. My 30 minute ride to uni is driving me nuts. During my 15 minute ride back from work at night, I'm sure the neighbors curse the day I came to Scotland as I wake them with my squeaks. I swear they can hear me in Edinburgh. I cannot ride Squeaks through Maryhill one more time... they'll kill me.

March 17. I am the official winner of St. Patricks Day. And the New World Symphony was amazing. Rugby is stupendously boring... and did I mention that I won at St. Patricks Day?

March 28. Iona and Mull were lovely. A bit desolate, lonely, secluded, etc... but wow. I've been to the islands, finally seen a bit of the highlands, am extraordinarily tired, but thoroughly happy. I've seen the Dawn Treader (it was docked at the Tobermory wharf), had fresh Mull bread, and swum in the North Atlantic.

Okay, it wasn't exactly swimming. And it was really cold... my feet were very angry with me!!!! Did I mention how tired and happy I am? My brain is a bit of mush at the moment. So sad!

And Oban (background of picture) was surprising pretty. I think Richard Hannay got chased by the efficient Scottish "polis" through Oban. He evaded their efforts and made it up to Skye (next months trip).

March 31. Dearest Diary. I quit my stupid job!!!!!

April 9. I've been a very good girl and studied all day (with the exception of my 2 hour afternoon nap). I did my laundry, cleaned and vacuumed my room, changed my sheets...Now I must go watch Prison Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment