Friday, September 22, 2006

Some Like It Hot

Apparently, the Scots do believe in absolute right and wrong... in matters of tea. According to one older connoisseur of the beverage , "if te waeter's naight boilinn, eye maight ez weaille draink me dishwaeter." Even on airplanes, which have been known to on occasion experience turbulence, nothing below 100C should be served. "Eye knowe et's haight! Eye wainte haight! Eye'm naight goinn te sue baicause ets boilinn." It would seem that the experts have spoken.

In other news, despite trailing by two points after the first day of Ryder Cup play, I think the Americans are in a position to capture the cup this go around. In tomorrows fourball, look for strong play from the duos of Mickelson/DiMarco, Woods/Furyk, and Verplank/ Johnson. Don't be surprised if the Verplank/Johnson pairing surfaces in the afternoon foursomes as well.

On a more serious note, I'm struggling not to read the synopsii of the first episodes of my favorite medical soaps. Additionally, my Scottish health insurance refuses to cover trashy-American-TV detox programs (though they do cover trauma caused by BBC shows involving little old ladies solving murder mysteries every week in the same village of roughly 100 people.) The state of health care these days is truly tragic.

2 comments:

  1. So clearly, my predictions are basically rot. As long as no money was put down I suppose all will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:04 AM

    I fully support more usage of Scottish accent. :-)

    ReplyDelete