Wednesday, August 15, 2007

enablers all

I've been very fortunate this summer to have had two wonderful friends intern in the northern Virginia/Washington DC. region. Over the past weeks, we watched movies, enjoyed jazz, shared good food, played softball, lost teeth, rooted ourselves to porches, and experienced zero-gravity tennis. We stayed up to all hours talking nonsense. We stayed up to all hours thinking we were talking sense. We stayed up to all hours doing nothing at all. And occasionally we just sat on a couch... and giggled.

Now these two are moving on to better things than managing and ensuring my constant entertainment. While I'll sorely miss them, it is but fact that summer-living cannot and should not continue perpetually. (The Irish have a cautionary tale as to the dire consequences of wishing for a month of Saturdays.) Before I relapse into my favorite abandonment complex, which while endearing is perhaps not exactly factually accurate -- though I would remind certain individuals (who shall remain nameless) in Los Gatos, Mountain View, and Glasgow that not following me around the country and/or world is a very serious form of abandonment -- I would like to thank both Felix and Rachel for their role in making this a lovely summer.

And to assure them both... I forgive you for leaving me in this cold and heartless manner...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you left first by graduating and then running away to Scotland! And then abandoning the Cato softball team and forcing me to scrounge around for another ringer. But anyway, you're welcome, and thank you for helping make this an awesome summer for me as well.

    You are, of course, more than welcome to drop all your silly law school plans and start "following" me around the country (well, it would consist mostly of bumming around on my couch enjoying my wide variety of munchies and... er... "sweet tea"). Indeed, failure to do so will likely cause me to relapse into my own not-quite-so-endearing abandonment complex.

    But eh, I'll get over it. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete