Monday, October 09, 2006

If You "Wish They All Could Be..."

Upon arriving at church last evening, one of the greeters informed me that three girls from California had stopped in for the service. Like many of his fellow countrypersons, he labors under the impression that I am acquainted with most of the roughly 36 million people in the state... or at the very least, any Californian lost in Glasgow! After being provided a minute description I scurried upstairs to grab a spot in the non-arthritic- hip pew area... but only after promising to say hello if I saw my fellow Calinationals.

As I assume is traditional Scottish presbytery style, the balcony area forms a thick U which is supported by three walls and numerous dual-purpose support beams (the other being to obscure any view of the speaker for those unfortunate to be seated on the ground floor.) I'm describing this so as to not be accused of twisting around in church... for just across the U, were three girls roughly matching the police-sketch I'd received. In the end, I could have ID them anywhere. Only California girls would ever-so-coolly sip Caramel Macchiatos during a sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment